Black Ivy is a bright, expansive and spacious neighbourhood Hotel that allows us to give customers their own space and a place of respite. From Monday 9th of August, our Bar, Restaurant and Terrace will be open from 8am – 1am, 7 days a week with food being served until 10.30pm.
We are here if you need a quiet spot to read the paper and gather your thoughts over your favourite beer, to warm up with a coffee after a walk through The Links. We are here if you need somewhere to meet with friends and plan how to weather this storm together or just simply want a bite to eat and your favourite drink. We are here if you want a well-deserved night away to relax, or spend the weekend and enjoy a mini holiday.
We Are Here.
The wellbeing of our guests has always been a priority for us and please be assured that the measures we take are reviewed on a daily basis. We always operate to the highest hygiene standard in both our Hotel and Bar/Restaurant however, we have implemented some additional measures to keep everyone safe.
- All of our staff are taking the appropriate actions to sanitise and wash their hands regularly throughout their shift.
- We now have a one way system when entering and leaving Black Ivy, please follow the signs when arriving and ensure safe social distancing throughout your visit
- We operate a 1m social distancing venue throughout the Bar, Restaurant and Hotel
- We kindly ask that a mask is worn when entering Black Ivy, and when moving about in the Bar, Restaurant and Hotel
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas
- We have installed hand sanitisers at both entrances to Black Ivy for our customers to use before coming in, as well as having some at the Bar and Hotel Reception that you are welcome to use.
- All surfaces are regularly cleaned with Steri Kleen Bactericidal Sanitiser
In the Bar and Restaurant..
- We are briefing our staff daily to inform them of ongoing protocols and adjust food and beverage service according to safety recommendations.
- Our menus can be viewed on your phone by scanning a QR code available at the table. If you would prefer a paper copy of the menu when you arrive, please just let a member of staff know.
- We will be cleaning the tables, chairs and menu holders after each guest.
- We have limited the numbers of covers we can take at any one time, this is to ensure social distancing
- We also have the option for you to place an order online for take away dishes from our Click & Collect menu. Whether you fancy a pit stop for a hot chocolate on your walk through The Links or if you want a delicious Macaroni to take back home, we can sort it for you.
- The beauty of a large and airy venue is we can ensure you that you do not need to sit close to any other customers, we have separated our tables and introduced brand new glass screens between each table. We also run a table service only venue now.
In the Hotel..
- All of our staff including the Reception Team and Housekeeping Team have been trained in the new cleaning process
- Bedroom entry is now restricted where possible and our Housekeeping or Maintenance teams will only enter the bedroom upon request
- We are ensuring correct PPE is worn when entering bedrooms
- We have increased cleaning of public areas such as, but not limited to, washrooms, elevator, corridors, and stair handles.
- Particular attention is given to cleaning of high contact items such as desks, chairs, remote controls, light switches, door handles, windows, phones, hairdryers, clothes hangers, door locks, iron & ironing board and kettle.
- We have removed unnecessary bedding in the rooms including decorative cushions and bed throws
- Single-use amenities are available in all of the rooms
- We are cleaning high hand-touch items after every use including card machines, pens and key cards to enter the rooms.
- Digital check-in is available, just ask us in advance and we can arrange this.
- Express check-out is also available. Guests can be billed overnight and a copy of the bill will be placed under the door or sent via email. Key cards can then be left on the Reception desk or in the bar when leaving.
We are also proud winners of Best Outdoor Space 2019/2020 and so are the ideal venue for you to enjoy a beer, burger or just a coffee in the Scottish sunshine. Our Outdoor Terrace has canopies covering all tables with heaters installed for the Scottish weather. Book your table for the perfect brunch, lunch or dinner today.
For further information on the measures we have put in place, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
T: 0131 564 1901 E: firstname.lastname@example.org